Go-there, Linden Travel Group websites and MidCounties Booking Conditions.
The conditions apply whether you book a package, single components or flights. For a holiday made up of flight and accommodation booked together using the onsite facility please see BOOKING CONDITIONS (ATOL) later in this document. These conditions apply to all bookings made irrespective of whether the booking was made online, via email or over the phone.
This website is operated by www.go-there.co.uk (“we”, “us” or “our” in these conditions). Go-there is a trading name of Linden Travel Limited. Registered in England 06471100, VAT no 874 2756 89 Registered Office: 23 George Street, Helpringham, Sleaford, Lincolnshire NG34 0RS.
We are an Accredited Body Member of The Midcounties Co-operative Travel Consortium. By accessing, using, browsing or booking on this website you agree you have read, understood and are bound by these Website Conditions and by the booking conditions of the principal you enter a contract with. Nothing on this website shall constitute an offer to provide goods or services.
The holidays and other services on this website are only available for purchase by those who are aged 18 or over, who are making the purchase from within the UK, EU and the USA who have a valid email address to which booking documentation will be sent. The business and the services we offer are governed by the applicable laws of England and Wales. We are not licensed to trade outside of the United Kingdom therefore we cannot accept booking requests from individuals who are not based in the UK. We do not accept bookings made by travel agents or other agents appointed on behalf of members of the public. Any bookings made in contravention of these conditions will be invalid and will be cancelled. In such circumstances, a refund will be given (less any charges we incur from the supplier), but we also reserve the right to charge an administration fee of £100 per booking.
No warranties and/or representations of any kind, express or implied, are given as to the compliance of the information shown on this site, the services offered, or any information relating to such services and our business in any respect with any laws of any country other than the laws of England and Wales. Access to this site is conditional on your agreement that all information contained in it and all matters which arise between you and us will be governed by English law. Access is further conditional on your agreement that any dispute or matter which arises between you and us will be dealt with exclusively by the Courts of England and Wales (unless you have booked your holiday in Scotland or Northern Ireland, in which case any disputes may be dealt with in the local courts in either country, as applicable). We reserve the right to deny access to this site at any time without notice. Without prejudice to the foregoing provisions, we are entitled to the benefit of any applicable exclusions and/or limitations of liability permitted by the laws of any country found to be applicable to the information shown on this site and/or to any services offered via this website.
The Co-operative Travel Consortium part of The Midcounties Co-operative Ltd is a member of ABTA and an Accredited Body of the CAA (who operate the ATOL scheme), which means you benefit from booking with an ABTA member and we can sell ATOL protected flights and flight inclusive packages. Head Office: The Waterfront, 62 Wolverhampton Street, Walsall, West Midlands, WS2 8DD. Registered Office: Co-operative House, Warwick Technology Park, Warwick, CV34 6DA. Registered in England as a Community Benefit Society under No.19025R.
When you use this website you agree to be bound by the following obligations:
The booking conditions of the principal contain limitations and exclusions of liability to any person(s) who books and/or takes any of the holidays and/or travel arrangements advertised on this site. Cancellation and amendment charges are payable if a booking or other purchase is cancelled or amended by you after it has been confirmed. No warranties, promises and/or representations of any kind, express or implied, are given as to the nature, standard, suitability or otherwise of any services offered via this website. We shall not be liable for any loss or damage of whatever nature (direct, indirect, consequential or other) which may arise as a result, directly or indirectly, from the use of any of the information or material contained in this website and/or use of or access to any other information or material via web links from this site or any inability to access or use this website. These exclusions of liability apply only to the extent permitted by law. If any of these exclusions, in whole or part, is found to be unlawful, void or for any other reason unenforceable, that exclusion or part of the exclusion shall be deemed severable and shall not affect the validity or enforceability of the other exclusion(s) or part(s) of the exclusion(s) in question.
Access to this website is free and you access and use it entirely at your own risk. This site is provided on an 'as is' and 'as available' basis. We accept no liability in respect of your inability to access or use the site at any time, nor for any failure to complete any transaction. We do not warrant that the site is free from computer viruses or other properties that may cause loss or damage. We do not accept any liability for any losses or claims arising from the downloading of viruses, or from the loss, corruption or other adverse effects to material that is downloaded or to any programs or data already on your own computer, nor for any website browser incompatibility problems. We accept no liability for breaches of security arising out of intentional and/or unauthorised attempts to access this site, for example, by computer hackers. We accept no responsibility for any material supplied for this site by independent contributors. The inclusion of any links on this site does not imply that we endorse or accept any responsibility for the linked site, its content or its provider. Access to a linked site will be subject to that site's own terms and conditions, to which you must refer.
We reserve the right to change or update these Website Conditions from time to time without prior notice to site users. The current version of the Website Conditions will be displayed on this website from the date on which any changes come into effect. Continued use of this website following any changes to the conditions of use shall constitute your acceptance of such changes.
The holidays and prices advertised on this website are not 'live'. Although prices and availability of holidays are updated very regularly, holidays are subject to availability and prices can change at any time. When you make a search on our website for a specific holiday, our website will then check the live availability and the current price with the tour operator’s reservations system, therefore please allow for changes to occur before your final price is confirmed.
We may change any of the content of this website at any time without notice and without liability to you, including adding or removing discounts, offers, holidays, or other features or services. We take all reasonable steps to ensure that all information on this website is accurate but cannot guarantee that this website is free of any errors. If any price shown on this website is obviously a mistake (i.e. is so low that any person, acting reasonably, would realise that it cannot be an accurate price), then any booking made based on such price will not be valid and we will be
entitled to cancel any such booking and to provide you with a full refund. The prices and discounts shown on this site are applicable to bookings made via this site only and may vary from prices available via any other booking channels.
We reserve the copyright and all proprietary rights in this website and all its content. All intellectual property rights (including, without limitation, copyright and rights in and to databases and trade marks) subsisting in this site and its content, and in the software and source materials used in connection with it, are owned by us or by our parent or affiliate companies or by our licensors. The trading names and any other marks, logos and graphics displayed on this website are registered trade-marks and you are not granted any right or licence to use them.
Linden Travel Limited Terms of Business
Except where otherwise specified, we act only as an agent or sub-agent in respect of all bookings we take and/or make on your behalf. We are a member of The Midcounties Co-operative Limited ATOL Accredited Body (ATOL No. 6053, ABTA No. N0787. We act either as an agent for Midcounties where they are the supplier of your arrangements, or as sub-agent for Midcounties where Midcounties sells arrangements on behalf of other suppliers. We accept no liability in relation to any contract you enter into or for any services or arrangements you purchase (“arrangements”) or for the acts or omissions of any supplier(s) or other person(s) or party(ies) connected with any arrangements. For all arrangements, your contract will be with the supplier of the arrangements in question (the ‘supplier(s)’).When making your booking we will arrange for you to enter into a contract with the applicable supplier(s) of the arrangements. Your booking with us is subject to these Agency Terms and Conditions and the specific booking conditions of the relevant supplier(s) you contract with and you are advised to read both carefully prior to booking. The supplier’s terms and conditions may limit and/or exclude the supplier's liability to you. Copies of applicable conditions are available on request from us.
You may decide to make one or more bookings with us at the same time. The price charged in total for more than one booking will always equal the prices charged separately for each individual booking. All arrangements are available to be purchased separately at the same price as they are when more than one booking is made. This means that any multiple bookings do not constitute a package as defined in the Package Travel, Package Holidays and Package Tours Regulations 1992 nor the Civil Aviation (Air Travel Organisers’ Licensing) Regulations 2012.
1. Booking and payment: When you make a booking you guarantee that you have the authority to accept and do accept on behalf of your party these booking conditions. In order to confirm your chosen arrangements, you must pay a deposit as required by the supplier of the arrangements in question (or full payment if requested at the time of booking). You must also pay all applicable insurance premiums and booking fees. Your booking is confirmed and a contract between you and the supplier will exist when we send you confirmation on their behalf. If your confirmed arrangements include a flight, we (or the supplier) will also issue you with an ATOL Certificate. Please check your confirmation and ATOL Certificate carefully and report any incorrect or incomplete information to us immediately. Please ensure that names are exactly as stated in the relevant passport. As we act only as booking agent, we have no responsibility for any errors in any documentation except where an error is made by us.
1a. If you have paid a deposit, you must pay the full balance by the balance due date notified to you. If full payment is not received by the balance due date, we will notify the supplier who may cancel your booking and charge the cancellation fees set out in their booking conditions. Except where otherwise advised or stated in the booking conditions of the supplier concerned, all monies you pay to us for arrangements will be held on behalf of the supplier(s) concerned, with the exception of bookings covered by an ATOL. Any money paid to us in respect of a booking covered by an ATOL is held by us on behalf of and for the benefit of the Trustees of the Air Travel Trust at all times, but subject to our obligation to pay it to the ATOL Holder for so long as the ATOL Holder does not fail financially. If the ATOL Holder does fail financially, any money held at that time by us or subsequently accepted from the consumer by us, is and continues to be held by us on behalf of and for the benefit of the Trustees of the Air Travel Trust without any obligation to pay that money to the ATOL Holder.
2. Accuracy of Prices: We reserve the right to amend advertised prices at any time. We also reserve the right to correct errors in both advertised and confirmed prices. Special note: changes and errors sometimes occur. You must check the price of your chosen arrangements at the time of booking.
3. Insurance: You are strongly recommended to take out personal travel insurance for all members of your party. Some suppliers require that you do so. It is your responsibility to ensure that the insurance you purchase is adequate and appropriate for your particular needs. Please read your policy details on receipt and take them with you on holiday.
4. Special requests: If you have any special requests (for example dietary requirements, cots or room location), please let us know at the time of booking. We will pass on all such requests to the supplier, but we can't guarantee that they will be met and we will have no liability to you if they are not.
5. Changes and Cancellations by you: Any cancellation or amendment request must be sent to us in writing, by email or post, and will take effect on the day we receive it. Proof of posting is not proof of receipt, therefore you are advised to also confirm all changes to our Customer Services Department by telephone but only after sending an email. Please ensure that you have received written confirmation of any changes to your booking prior to travel. Whilst we will try to assist, we cannot guarantee that such requests will be met. Amendments and cancellations can only be accepted in accordance with the terms and conditions of the supplier of your arrangements. The supplier may charge the cancellation or amendment charges shown in their booking conditions (which may be as much as 100% of the cost of the travel arrangements and will normally increase closer to the date of departure). In addition we may charge an administration fee of £25.00 per person. Most scheduled airlines do not allow changes, and therefore full cancellation charges will usually apply. Most 'no frills' airlines have cancellation charges of 100% from time of booking.
6. Changes and Cancellations by the Supplier: We will inform you as soon as reasonably possible if the supplier needs to make a significant change to your confirmed arrangements or to cancel them. We will also liaise between you and the supplier in relation to any alternative arrangements offered by the supplier but we will have no further liability to you.
7. Our responsibility for your booking: Your contract is with the supplier and its booking conditions apply. As agent, we accept no responsibility for the actual provision of the arrangements. Our responsibilities are limited to making the booking in accordance with your instructions. We accept no responsibility for any information about the arrangements that we pass on to you in good faith. However, in the event that we are found liable to you on any basis whatsoever, our maximum liability to you is limited to twice the cost of your booking (or the appropriate proportion of this if not everyone on the booking is affected). We do not exclude or limit any liability for death or personal injury that arises as a result of our negligence or that of any of our employees whilst acting in the course of their employment.
8. Financial Protection: Many of the flights and flight-inclusive holidays in this brochure/on our website are financially protected by the ATOL scheme. But ATOL protection does not apply to all holiday and travel services listed in this brochure/on this website. Please ask us to confirm what protection may apply to your booking. If you do not receive an ATOL Certificate then the booking will not be ATOL protected. If you do receive an ATOL Certificate but all the parts of your trip are not listed on it, those parts will not be ATOL protected. Please see the supplier’s booking conditions for information or for more information about financial protection and the ATOL Certificate go to www.atol.org.uk
9. Visa, passport and health requirements: Unless you tell us otherwise, we are entitled to assume that all members of your party are British citizens who hold or will hold full British passports valid for the entire duration of the arrangements you chose to purchase. Information on visa, passport and health requirements, where given and applicable, is so given on this basis. Requirements may change and you are therefore strongly recommended to check the up to date position with the supplier of the arrangements, Passport Office, appropriate embassy or consulate or your doctor as applicable in good time before departure.
10. Accommodation Ratings and Standards: All ratings are as provided by the relevant supplier. These are intended to give a guide to the services and facilities you should expect from your accommodation. Standards and ratings may vary between countries, as well as between suppliers. We cannot guarantee the accuracy of any ratings given.
11. Complaints: Because the contract for your arrangements is between you and the supplier, any queries or concerns should be addressed to them. If you have a problem whilst on holiday, this must be reported to the supplier or their local agent immediately. If you fail to follow this procedure there will be less opportunity for the supplier to investigate and rectify your complaint. The amount of compensation you may be entitled to may therefore be reduced or extinguished as a result. If you wish to complain when you return home, write to the supplier. You will see their name and contact details in any confirmation documents we send you. If the matter cannot be resolved and it involves us or another ABTA member then you have the option to use ABTA’s ADR scheme, approved by the Chartered Trading Standards Institute. See clause 15 and www.abta.com
12. Law and Jurisdiction: These terms of business are governed by English law and the courts of England and Wales have jurisdiction, (unless you live in Scotland or Northern Ireland, in which case you can bring proceedings in your local court under Scottish or Northern Irish law, as applicable.)
13. Documentation & Information: All descriptions and content on our website or otherwise issued by us is done so on behalf of the supplier(s) in question are intended to present a general idea of the services provided by the supplier(s) in question. Not all details of the relevant services can be included on our website. All services shown are subject to availability. If you require any further details, in respect of any accommodation or any other services please contact us.
14. Operating Carrier Information: In accordance with EU directive (EC) no. 2111/2005, Article 9, we are required to bring to your attention the existence of a 'Community list' which contains details of air carriers that are subject to an operating ban within the EU Community. The Community list is available for inspection at http://ec.europa.eu/transport/modes/air/safety/air-ban/index_en.htm. In accordance with EU Regulations we are required to advise you of the operating carrier(s) (or, if the operating carrier(s) is not known, the likely carrier(s)) that will operate your flight(s) at the time of booking. Where we are only able to inform you of the likely carrier(s) at the time of booking, we will inform you of the identity of the operating carrier(s) as soon as we become aware of this. Any change to the operating carrier(s) after your booking has been confirmed will be notified to you as soon as possible. Any change in the identity of the airline, flight timings and/or aircraft type will not entitle you to cancel or change to other flight arrangements without paying our normal charges except where specified in the tour operators booking conditions.
15. ABTA We are a member of The Midcounties Co-operative Limited ATOL Accredited Body, which is a member of ABTA, membership number P6640. We are obliged to maintain a high standard of service to you by ABTA’s Code of Conduct. We can also offer you ABTA’s scheme for the resolution of disputes which is approved by the Chartered Trading Standards Institute. If we can’t resolve your complaint, go to www.abta.com to use ABTA’s simple procedure. Further information on the Code and ABTA’s assistance in resolving disputes can be found on Abta
16. Misc. These are in addition to those shown above.:
As the Linden Travel Group offers services such as accommodation for Adults Only, Hotels with Waterslides and offer clients different currencies in which to pay, we have added below certain conditions that must be adhered to when booking via this website.
16a. Supplier Conditions.
With regards to hotel bookings - especially at the start and end of the summer season, some hotels will either open late or close early due to lack of bookings. If this happens the hotels agent will offer you an alternative which may offer the same services as originally booked. You can either accept this relocation or reject it. If you reject the offer then all we can do is refund any monies paid for that part of your booking. We would always try and work with you to find an alternative hotel but this is sometimes impossible to do.
The suppliers reserve the right to charge extra or cancel the booking of non-UK residents. The prices shown on this website are set at tourist rate and are applicable to UK residents and some members of the EU. Some hotels will only accept bookings from UK passport holders and some non-EU countries such as Turkey, Egypt, Morocco & Tunisia don't allow certain nationalities (Russian, Ukraine, Middle Eastern countries and nationals of that country) to book at the tourist rate and if your booking is processed you may be asked to pay a supplement once in resort or your booking may be refused. We and the hotels UK agent have the right to refuse any booking but where a client has made a booking and tried to ignore these conditions a 95% refund (minus any cancellation cost imposed by the hotels or its agent) will only be made. The 5% will be used to cover our cost and charges made by our bank. If we request verification of nationality you must respond within 12 hours or the booking will automatically be cancelled. Having stated this we do take many bookings from overseas clients without any problems whatsoever but if unsure then please email email@example.com stating the country you wish to visit and the nationality of all guest and we will give you a quick answer.
With regards to transfer bookings the rate shown is based on the destination supplied by the hotels UK agent but this can be wrong. When this happens the transfer provider has the right to cancel the transfer or offer it at the correct rate. You can either accept the new charges or reject them. If you reject the offer then all we can do is refund any monies paid for the original transfer. If you are booking a transfer without flights from us then you will need to supply the correct flight details within 48 hours of booking. We will request these once and once only. Failure to supply the correct information will relate in the loss of the transfer part of your booking and no refund will be offered.
Any amenities or services that are mention in the hotel description may incur an extra charge which must be paid locally to the hotel. This is usually for use of the gym or spa facilities but could be for a wide range of extras.
Any local taxes set by the countries Government must be paid locally to the hotel upon arrival.
16b. Our liability to you
Adult only Where we state that a holiday or hotel is "Adults Only" it should be noted that the Linden Travel Group, the Tour operator, the hotels UK agent and the resort owners guarantee to not knowingly sell to anyone under the age of 16 (or otherwise stated on our website) but mistakes can happen and you may incur the occasional child whilst staying at the hotel. Unless a particular hotel is exclusive to the UK, the hotelier can contract out some rooms to another operator on a different basis, which might well mean to families. We can accept no liability if this sometimes happens. When the hotels UK agent is forced to relocate an adults only booking they may not be able to offer you another adult only hotel. They will however offer you an alternative hotel to the same board level and star rating as close to the hotel you originally booked. They will also offer you the right to cancel your original booking and offer a full refund for that part of your booking. Relocations are very rare but they do occasionally happen and we would always contact you before departure.
16c. Making your balance payment.
Unless otherwise agreed, all balances must be in full at least 14 weeks (packaged holidays & charter flights) before the date of departure or 5 weeks if booking hotel, transfer or car hire only. Payment may be made by any of the following methods: Delta or Switch; credit card (Visa or MasterCard). Cheques, bank transfers or postal order payments are not accepted. No charge is made for payment by Switch or Delta debit cards, however credit card payments will incur a 2.5% surcharge. Payment should be made in pounds sterling GBP. If a balance is due then the customer must call us on 00 44 1529 298 117 quoting your booking reference which will begin with the initials of either GTH or AOH.
Where bookings are made from outside the UK then we encourage clients to pay in full. Where a deposit only has been paid then the balance will be subject to the exchange rate set by Barclays Bank applicable at the time you pay your balance. This could increase the original cost of your booking.
16d. Prices, information and website accuracy
When we mention that a particular hotel or holiday offers a Spa, then this was based on the information gathered at time of publishing and is subject to change. Within the meaning of the word "Spa" we also include hotels that offer a "Wellness Centre" and this may not be a full blown Spa. Please also note that all Spa services are chargeable but the use of the spa facilities are usually included in the price.
When we mention that a particular hotel or holiday offers a "water slide", this may be a small slide for children or a full blown water or aqua park. It is up to you to read the full description of what is on offer. Please note that the vast majority of hotels offer free use of the water slides/park but some do charge a fee. Where we know that they do charge locally then we try to make this clear. If unsure then please check before booking. Please also note that waterslides only operate in suitable warm weather conditions.
Every effort is made to book your requirements at the time of booking but regrettably however changes and errors do occasionally occur. We cannot accept liability for errors by suppliers if a reservation fails at the booking stage and a contract only exist once you receive a booking confirmation from us. Please also note that if a flight booking fails at the time of booking then we will try to manually book your flight but any difference in the final price will be charged to you.
Our groups Adults only holidays range offers you the chance to find total tranquillity in a resort free from the bustle of families and young people. These carefully selected range of holidays offers you the chance to enjoy a relaxed and independent break with your partner or a group of close friends. The Linden Travel Group, the Tour operator and the resort owners guarantee to not knowingly sell to anyone under the age of 16 (or otherwise stated on our website) but mistakes can happen and you may incur the occasional child whilst staying at the hotel. We can accept no liability if this sometimes happens. Please also note that when we show a minimum age this may have been changed by the hotel or its agent and if you intend to book an adults only holiday or hotel and one or more of the guuest are under 18 then its best to check first.
If you book a hotel that states words like "Non Refundable" or similar words, this room has been reduced in cost and can't be amended or cancelled. If you book this room type and pay just a deposit the balance will still be due even if you cancel or don't pay the balance. Do not book this room type unless you have cancellation insurance as we will chase you for full payment, as the hotel will charge us the full cost.
16e. Alterations to your booking
Your booking may be cancelled or refused by the supplier or the hotel and in this case a full refund of monies paid will be made for bookings made in GBP. If a booking was made in any other currency then we will only refund any monies paid at the exchange rate applied by Barclays on the date of refund. This could be more or it could be less depending on the exchange rate.
16f. If you have a complaint
If you have a complaint regarding your accommodation you must first complain to reception but if the problem is not fixed then you must speak to the hotels manager and if still unhappy then you must call the local agent or the emergency number shown on the hotel voucher supplied to you. If you don't get an immediate answer to your phone call then you must keep trying as it's vital that you make contact. If after making contact you still don't get a satisfactory answer then you should let us know so that we can ask the hotels UK agent to intervene. If this procedure isn't followed then the hotels agent has a legally binding "get out clause" as they were not given the chance to correct the problem whilst you were in resort and your claim stands very little chance of being successful upon your return.
13. BOOKING CONDITIONS (ATOL)
For all bookings, by making a booking, the first named person on the booking agrees on behalf of all persons detailed on the booking that:-
1. Booking and Paying For Your ArrangementsA booking is made with us when a) you tell us that you would like to accept our written or verbal quotation; and b) you pay us a deposit (if you are booking within 14 weeks of departure, full payment is due at the time of booking); and c) we issue you with a booking confirmation. We reserve the right to return your deposit and decline to issue a confirmation at our absolute discretion. A binding contract will come into existence between you and us as soon as we have issued you with a booking confirmation that will confirm the details of your booking.
If your confirmed arrangements include a flight, we (or if you booked via an authorised agent of ours, that agent) will issue you with an ATOL Certificate and a confirmation. Upon receipt, if you believe that any details on the ATOL Certificate or confirmation or any other document are wrong you must advise us immediately as changes cannot be made later and it may harm your rights if we are not notified of any inaccuracies in any document.
The balance of the cost of your arrangements (including any applicable surcharge) is due not less than 14 weeks prior to scheduled departure. If we do not receive this balance in full and on time, we reserve the right to treat your booking as cancelled by you in which case the cancellation charges set out in clause 4 below will become payable.
Any money paid to an authorised agent of ours in respect of a booking covered by our ATOL is held by that agent on behalf of and for the benefit of the Trustees of the Air Travel Trust at all times, but subject to the agent’s obligation to pay it to us for so long as we do not fail financially. If we do fail financially, any money held at that time by the agent or subsequently accepted from the consumer by the agent, is and continues to be held by that agent on behalf of and for the benefit of the Trustees of the Air Travel Trust without any obligation to pay that money to us.
2. PricingThe price of your travel arrangements has been calculated in £GBP.
We reserve the right to amend the price of unsold holidays at any time and correct errors in the prices of confirmed holidays.The price of your confirmed holiday is subject at all times to variations in:
Such variations could include but are not limited to airline cost changes which are part of our contracts with airlines (and their agents), cruise ship operators and any other transport providers.
We will absorb and you will not be charged for any increase equivalent to 2% of the price of your travel arrangements, which excludes insurance premiums and any amendment charges and/or additional services or travel arrangements. You will be charged for the amount over and above that, plus an administration charge of £1.00 per person together with an amount to cover agents’ commission. If this means that you have to pay an increase of more than 10% of the price of your confirmed travel arrangements (excluding any insurance premiums, amendment charges and/or additional services or travel arrangements), you will have the option of accepting a change to another holiday if we are able to offer one (if this is of equivalent or higher quality you will not have to pay more but if it is of lower quality you will be refunded the difference in price), or cancelling and receiving a full refund of all monies paid to us, except for any insurance premiums and any amendment charges and/or additional services or travel arrangements. Should you decide to cancel for this reason, you must exercise your right to do so within 14 days from the issue date printed on your final invoice. We will consider an appropriate refund of insurance premiums paid if you can show that you are unable to transfer or reuse your policy.
Should the price of your holiday go down due to the changes mentioned above, by more than 2% of your confirmed holiday cost, then any refund due will be paid to you. However, please note that travel arrangements are not always purchased in local currency and some apparent changes have no impact on the price of your travel due to contractual and other protection in place.
There will be no change made to the price of your confirmed holiday within 30 days of your departure nor will refunds be paid during this period.
3. Changes by YouIf you wish to change any part of your booking arrangements after our confirmation invoice has been issued, you must inform us in writing by email as soon as possible. This should be done by the first named person on the booking. Whilst we will do our best to assist, we cannot guarantee that we will be able to meet your requested change. Where we can meet a request, all changes may be subject to payment of a discretionary administration fee of £25 per booking per change as well as any applicable rate changes or extra costs incurred as well as any costs incurred by ourselves and any costs or charges incurred or imposed by any of our suppliers. You should be aware that these costs could increase the closer to the departure date that changes are made and you should contact us as soon as possible. Where we are unable to assist you and you do not wish to proceed with the original booking we will treat this as a cancellation by you. A cancellation fee may be payable. If you are prevented from travelling it may be possible to transfer your booking to another suitable person provided that written notice is given. An administration fee will be charged, details are available upon request.
Note: Certain arrangements may not be amended after they have been confirmed and any alteration could incur a cancellation charge of up to 100% of that part of the arrangements.
4. If you cancel
If you or any other member of your party decides to cancel your confirmed booking you must notify us in writing. Your notice of cancellation will only take effect when it is received in writing by us at our offices and will be effective from the date on which we receive it. We recommend that you use recorded delivery. Since we incur costs in cancelling your arrangements, you will have to pay the applicable cancellation charges up to the maximum shown below (The cancellation charge detailed is calculated on the basis of the total cost payable by the person(s) cancelling excluding insurance premiums and amendment charges which are not refundable in the event of the person(s) to whom they apply cancelling):
*Bookings that include budget/Low Cost or Schedule Flights and/or cruises may incur different cancellation charges. Some accommodation providers may also require additional cancellation cost. Please enquire at the time of booking.
**Where a low deposit has been paid at the time of cancellation you will be required to pay the remainder of the full deposit.
Note: Certain arrangements may not be amended after they have been confirmed and any alteration or cancellation could incur a cancellation charge of up to 100% of that part of the arrangements in addition to the charge above.
If the reason for your cancellation is covered under the terms of your insurance policy, you may be able to reclaim these charges. We will deduct the cancellation charge(s) from any monies you have already paid to us.
If any member of your party is prevented from travelling, that person(s) may transfer their place to someone else (introduced by you and satisfying all the conditions applicable to the arrangements) providing we are notified not less than 28 days before departure and you pay an amendment fee of £25 per person transferring, meet all costs and charges incurred by us and/or incurred or imposed by any of our suppliers and the transferee agrees to these booking conditions and all other terms of the contract between us. If you are unable to find a replacement, cancellation charges as set out will apply in order to cover our estimated costs. Otherwise, no refunds will be given for passengers not travelling or for unused services.
5. If We Change or Cancel
It is unlikely that we will have to make any changes to your travel arrangements, but we do plan the arrangements many months in advance. Occasionally, we may have to make changes and we reserve the right to do so at any time. Most of these changes will be minor and we will advise you or your travel agent of them at the earliest possible date. We also reserve the right in any circumstances to cancel your travel arrangements. For example, if the minimum number of clients required for a particular travel arrangement is not reached, we may have to cancel it. However, we will not cancel your travel arrangements less than 60 days before your departure date, except for reasons of force majeure or failure by you to pay the final balance.
Most alterations will be minor and while we will do our best to notify you or your travel agent of any changes as soon as reasonably possible if there is time before your departure, we will have no other liability to you. Examples of “minor changes” include the following when made before departure:
Occasionally we may have to make a major change to your confirmed arrangements. ”Examples of “major changes” include the following, when made before departure;
If we have to make a major change or cancel, we will tell you as soon as possible and if there is time to do so before departure, we will offer you the choice of:
You must notify us of your choice immediately, and in any event within 3 days of us notifying you of the choice available (if any). If you fail to do so we will assume that you have chosen to accept the change or alternative booking arrangements.
If we make a major change or cancel, less than 60 days before departure, we will also pay compensation as detailed below:
The compensation that we offer does not exclude you from claiming more if you are entitled to do so. We will not pay you compensation where we make a major change or cancel more than 60 days before departure or in the event that we are forced to make a change or cancel as a result of unusual and unforeseeable circumstances beyond our control, the consequences of which we could not have avoided even with all due care or if we cancel your arrangements because the minimum number of participants to run the arrangements has not been reached. (We will tell you if we have to cancel for this reason not less than 45 days before departure).
The above sets out the maximum extent of our liability for changes and cancellations and we regret we cannot meet any expenses or losses you may incur as a result of change or cancellation. Please note: where accommodation with a higher price than the original accommodation is offered by us and accepted by you, the difference in price will be deducted from any compensation payable. In no case will we pay compensation if accommodation is offered by us and accepted by you with a higher price than that originally booked in the same location where no additional payment is made by you.We will not pay you compensation and the above options will not be available if we make a minor change or cancel as a result of your failure to make full payment on time or where the change(s) or cancellation by us arises out of alterations to the confirmed booking requested by you.
Very rarely, we may be forced by "force majeure" (see clause 9) to change or terminate your arrangements after departure. If this situation does occur, we regret we will be unable to make any refunds (unless we obtain any from our suppliers), pay you compensation or meet any costs or expenses you incur as a result.
If we become unable to provide a significant proportion of the services that you have booked with us after you have departed, we will make alternative arrangements for you at no extra charge and, if appropriate in all the circumstances, will pay you reasonable compensation.
6. ComplaintsWe make every effort to ensure that your holiday arrangements run smoothly but if you do have a problem during your holiday, please inform the relevant supplier (e.g. your hotelier) immediately, by calling them on the 24 hour emergency number which can be found on your confirmation invoice and travel documents, who will endeavour to put things right. If the problem cannot be resolved and you wish to complain further, you must send formal written notice of your complaint to us at our Customer Services department at 62 Wolverhampton Street, Walsall, West Midlands, WS2 8DD within 28 days of your return to the UK, giving your booking reference and all other relevant information. Please keep your letter concise and to the point. This will assist us to quickly identify your concerns and speed up our response to you. Failure to follow the procedure set out in this clause may affect ours and the applicable supplier’s ability to investigate your complaint, and will affect your rights under this contract.
7. Our Responsibilities
1) We will accept responsibility for the arrangements we agree to provide or arrange for you as an “organiser” under the Package Travel, Package Holidays and Package Tours Regulations 1992 as set out below. Subject to these booking conditions, if we or our suppliers negligently perform or arrange the services which we are obliged to provide for you under our contract with you, as set out on your confirmation invoice, we will pay you reasonable compensation. The level of such compensation will be calculated taking into consideration all relevant factors such as but not limited to: following the complaints procedure as described in these conditions and the extent to which ours or our employees’ or suppliers’ negligence affected the overall enjoyment of your holiday. Please note that it is your responsibility to show that we or our supplier(s) have been negligent if you wish to make a claim against us.
(2) We will not be responsible or pay you compensation for any injury, illness, death, loss, damage, expense, cost or other claim of any description if it results from:-
i The extent of our liability will in all cases be limited as if we were carriers under the appropriate Conventions, which include The Warsaw/Montreal Convention (international travel by air); The Athens Convention (with respect to sea travel); The Berne/Cotif Convention (with respect to rail travel) and The Paris Convention (with respect to hotel arrangements). You can ask for copies of these Conventions from our offices. Please contact us. In addition, you agree that the operating carrier or transport company's own 'Conditions of Carriage' will apply to you on that journey. When arranging transportation for you, we rely on the terms and conditions contained within these international conventions and those 'Conditions of Carriage'. You acknowledge that all of the terms and conditions contained in those 'Conditions of Carriage' form part of your contract with us, as well as with the transport company and that those 'Conditions of Carriage' shall be deemed to be included by reference into this contract.
8. Financial ProtectionWe provide financial security for our Package Holidays (where we are the Organiser) under our ATOL number 6053. When you buy a flight inclusive package holiday from us you will receive an ATOL Certificate. This lists the flight, accommodation, car hire and/or other services that are financially protected, where you can get information on what this means for you and who to contact if things go wrong. For further information, visit the ATOL website at www.atol.org.uk. The price of our flight inclusive arrangements includes the amount of £2.50 per person as part of the ATOL Protection Contribution (APC) we pay to the CAA. This charge is included in our advertised prices. Not all holiday or travel services offered and sold by us will be protected by the ATOL Scheme. ATOL protection extends primarily to Customers who book and pay in the United Kingdom.
We, or the suppliers identified on your ATOL Certificate, will provide you with the services listed on the ATOL Certificate (or a suitable alternative). In some cases, where neither we nor the supplier are able to do so for reasons of insolvency, an alternative ATOL holder may provide you with the services you have bought (at no extra cost to you). You agree to accept that in those circumstances the alternative ATOL holder will perform those obligations and you agree to pay any money outstanding to be paid by you under your contract to that alternative ATOL holder. However, you also agree that in some cases it will not be possible to appoint an alternative ATOL holder, in which case you will be entitled to make a claim under the ATOL Scheme (or your credit card issuer where applicable).
If we, or the suppliers identified on your ATOL certificate, are unable to provide the services listed (or a suitable alternative, through an alternative ATOL holder or otherwise) for reasons of insolvency, the Trustees of the Air Travel Trust may make a payment to (or confer a benefit on) you under the ATOL scheme. You agree that in return for such a payment or benefit you assign absolutely to those Trustees any claims which you have or may have arising out of or relating to the non-provision of the services, including any claim against us, the travel agent (or your credit card issuer where applicable). You also agree that any such claims may be re-assigned to another body, if that other body has paid sums you have claimed under the ATOL scheme.
We provide financial security for our Package holidays not including flights by way of a bond held with ABTA. In the unlikely event we become insolvent; ABTA will financially protect your Package Holiday in the same way.
If you book arrangements other than a Package Holiday, your monies may not be financially protected. Please ask us for further details.
9. Force Majeure
Except where otherwise expressly stated in these booking conditions we will not be liable or pay you compensation if our contractual obligations to you are affected by any event which we or the supplier(s) of the service(s) in question could not, even with all due care, foresee or avoid. These events can include, but are not limited to war, threat of war, civil strife terrorist activity and its consequences or the threat of such activity, riot, the act of any government or other national or local authority including port or river authorities, industrial dispute, lock closure, natural or nuclear disaster, fire, chemical or biological disaster and adverse weather, sea, ice and river conditions and all similar events outside our or the supplier(s) concerned’s control. Advice from the Foreign Office to avoid or leave a particular country may constitute Force Majeure.
We are a Member of ABTA. We are obliged to maintain a high standard of service to you by ABTA’s Code of Conduct. We can also offer you ABTA’s scheme for the resolution of disputes which is approved by the Chartered Trading Standards Institute. If we can’t resolve your complaint, go to www.abta.com to use ABTA’s simple procedure. Further information on the Code and ABTA’s assistance in resolving disputes can be found on www.abta.com
adequate travel insurance is vital. You must be satisfied that your insurance fully covers all your personal requirements including cancellation charges, medical expenses and repatriation in the event of accident or illness. If you choose to travel without adequate insurance cover, we will not be liable for any losses howsoever arising, in respect of which insurance cover would otherwise have been available.
12. Special requests
If you have any special requests (for example dietary requirements, cots or room location), please let us know at the time of booking. We will pass on all such requests to the supplier, but we can't guarantee that they will be met and we will have no liability to you if they are not.
13. Jurisdiction and applicable law
These Booking Conditions and any agreement to which they apply are governed in all respects by English law. We both agree that any dispute, claim or other matter which arises between us out of or in connection with your contract or booking will be dealt with by the Courts of England and Wales only. You may however, choose the law and jurisdiction of Scotland or Northern Ireland if you live in those places and if you wish to do so.
14. Disabilities and Medical Problems
We are not a specialist disabled holiday company, but we will do our utmost to cater for any special requirements you may have. If you or any member of your party has any medical problem or disability which may affect your stay, please provide us with full details by completing the Special Assistance Form before you make your booking so that we can try to advise you as to the suitability of your chosen arrangements. It is your responsibility to provide us with full and accurate details on any special assistance you may require. We may require you to produce a doctor’s certificate certifying that you are fit to participate in your chosen arrangements. Acting reasonably, if we are unable to properly accommodate the needs of the person(s) concerned, we will not confirm your booking or if you did not give us full details at the time of booking, we will cancel it and impose applicable cancellation charges when we become aware of these details.
15. Your Behaviour
All guests staying with us are expected to conduct themselves in an orderly and acceptable manner and not to disrupt the enjoyment of other guests. If in our opinion or in the opinion of any hotel manager or any other person in authority, your behaviour or that of any member of your party is causing or is likely to cause distress, danger or annoyance to any of our other guests or any third party or damage to property, or to cause a delay or diversion to transportation, we reserve the right to terminate your booking arrangements with us immediately. In the event of such termination our liability to you and/or your party will cease and you and/or your party will be required to leave your accommodation or other service immediately. We will have no further obligations to you and/or your party. No refunds for lost accommodation or any other service will be made and we will not pay any expenses or costs incurred as a result of termination. You and/or your party may also be required to pay for loss and/or damage caused by your actions and we will hold you and each member of your party jointly and individually liable for any damage or losses caused by you or any member of your party. Full payment for any such damage or losses must be paid directly to the hotel manager or other supplier prior to departure from the hotel. If you fail to make payment, you will be responsible for meeting any claims (including legal costs) subsequently made against us as a result of your actions together with all costs we incur in pursuing any claim against you. We cannot be held responsible for the actions or behaviour of other guests or individuals who have no connection with your booking arrangements or with us.
16. Conditions of Suppliers
Many of the services which make up your holiday are provided by independent suppliers. Those suppliers provide these services in accordance with their own terms and conditions which will form part of your contract with us. Some of these terms and conditions may limit or exclude the supplier's liability to you, usually in accordance with applicable International Conventions. Copies of the relevant parts of these terms and conditions are available on request from us or the supplier concerned.
17. Passport, Visa and Immigration Requirements and Health Formalities
It is your responsibility to check and fulfil the passport, visa, health and immigration requirements applicable to your itinerary. We can only provide general information about this. You must check requirements for your own specific circumstances with the relevant Embassies and/or Consulates and your own doctor as applicable. Requirements do change and you must check the up to date position in good time before departure.
Most countries now require passports to be valid for at least 6 months after your return date. If your passport is in its final year, you should check with the Embassy of the country you are visiting. For further information contact the Passport Office on 0870 5210410 or visit www.passport.gov.uk Special conditions apply for travel to the USA, and all passengers must have individual machine readable passports. Please check USA Embassy For European holidays you should obtain a completed and issued form EHIC prior to departure. Up to date travel advice can be obtained from the Foreign and Commonwealth Office, visit www.fco.gov.uk
Non British passport holders, including other EU nationals, should obtain up to date advice on passport and visa requirements from the Embassy, High Commission or Consulate of your destination or country(ies) through which you are travelling.
We do not accept any responsibility if you cannot travel, or incur any other loss because you have not complied with any passport, visa, immigration requirements or health formalities. You agree to reimburse us in relation to any fines or other losses which we incur as a result of your failure to comply with any passport, visa, immigration requirements or health formalities.
18. Delays, Missed Transport Arrangements and other Travel Information
It is your responsibility to ensure that you arrive in good time to board all flights or other methods of transportation. To assist you, we will notify you of the time by which you should arrive at all points of departure. If you miss a flight or other transportation we will try to arrange alternative transportation, but reserve the right to recover from you any costs we incur in making such arrangements.
Any rail, road and other departure times are supplied by the carriers. They are subject to inter alia, air traffic control restrictions, weather conditions, the need for constant maintenance and the ability of passengers to check in on time. There is no guarantee that departures will take place at the times shown on your tickets. The timings are estimates only. We do not have any liability to you for any delays that may arise. Further, your dealings with all carriers are subject to the conditions of the carrier, some of which may limit or exclude liability.
If you or any member of your party misses your flight or other transport arrangement, it is cancelled or you are subject to a delay of over 3 hours for any reason, you must contact us and the airline or other transport supplier concerned immediately. The Package Travel etc Regulations 1992 provide that in the event that you experience difficulty as a result of failures due to unusual and unforeseeable circumstances beyond our control, the consequences of which could not have been avoided even if all due care had been exercised, or an event which we or our suppliers, even with all due care, could not foresee or forestall, and you suffer an injury or other material loss, we will provide you with prompt assistance. Where you experience a delay which is not owing to any failure by us, our employees or sub-contractors, this prompt assistance is likely to extend to providing help in locating refreshments, accommodation and communications but not paying for them. Any airline or other transport supplier may however pay for or provide refreshments and/or appropriate accommodation and you should make a claim directly to them. Subject to the other terms of these conditions, we will not be liable for any costs, fees or charges you incur in the above circumstances, if you fail to obtain our prior authorisation before making your own travel arrangements.
We cannot accept liability for any delay which is due to Force Majeure or as a result of your own behaviour or that of a party unconnected to the provision of services, (which includes the behaviour of any passenger(s) on any flight who, for example, fails to check in or board on time).
The carrier(s), flight timings and types of aircraft shown in our brochures or on our website and/or detailed on your confirmation invoice are for guidance only and are subject to alteration and confirmation. We shall inform you of the identity of the actual carrier(s) as soon as we become aware of it. The latest flight timings will be shown on your tickets which will be despatched to you approximately two weeks before departure. You should check your tickets very carefully immediately on receipt to ensure you have the correct flight times. If flight times change after tickets have been dispatched we will contact you as soon as we can to let you know. However if choose to cancel as a result, our normal cancellation charges will apply. Any arrangements in the event of a delay will be at the sole discretion of the airline or other carrier involved.
Under EU Law, you have rights in some circumstances to refunds and/or compensation from the airline in cases of denied boarding, cancellation or delay to flights. Full details of these rights will be publicised at EU airports and will also be available from airlines. If the airline does not comply with these rules you should complain to the Civil Aviation Authority at www.caa.co.uk/passengers. Reimbursement in such cases is the responsibility of the airline and will not automatically entitle you to a refund of your holiday price from us. If, for any reason, you do not claim against the airline and make a claim for compensation from us, you must, at the time of payment of any compensation to you, make a complete assignment to us of the rights you have against the airline in relation to the claim that gives rise to that compensation payment. A delay or cancellation to your flight does not automatically entitle you to cancel any other arrangements even where those arrangements have been made in conjunction with your flight.
19. Cruise Bookings.
It is the customer’s responsibility to settle all of their on board accounts. Children under the age of 18 will not be carried unless accompanied by an adult over the age of 21 at time of boarding who accepts responsibility for their welfare conduct and behaviour. Should children under 16 be travelling without both parents or with only one parent most cruise lines require written authorisation to board ship from the absent parent.
Infants younger than 6 months at point of boarding may not be accepted on some ships, full detail is provided at booking stage and we accept no liability for incorrect information that may have been provided by you.
You must declare any pregnancy to us at the earliest opportunity as on certain cruise ships carriage of advanced pregnant women is not permitted, typically if the pregnancy is more than 24 weeks at the anticipated return date. We reserve the right to refuse passage on-board to any person who appears to be in advanced stages of pregnancy.
20. Health, Safety and Security Abroad.
We take the safety and security of our clients extremely seriously. If the Foreign Office advises that people should not visit a particular country then we would act on this. However, we are sure you appreciate from media coverage that the political, economic and social conditions in a number of the countries we feature are not as stable as we are used to in Europe. Sadly crimes against both people and their property are a fact of life the world over. When in a foreign country it is very important to be extra vigilant and avoid drawing attention to yourself by wearing expensive jewellery, carrying expensive camera equipment, etc. Travellers have the same responsibility for their personal safety and their possession as they do at home.
We operate too many parts of the world, which do not and are not required to comply with British Health & Safety Standards and therefore urge that you undertake reasonable precautions to protect yourself and those travelling with you whilst on holiday. We recommend that you check out the Foreign and Commonwealth Office website at FCO - Know Before You Gowith essential travel advice and information, this website offers a wealth of country specific information that only the FCO can provide.